1 John 4:4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.


Tuesday, January 5, 2016

The Seasons of God

 

I began a new poem this morning, but it's not there yet. I'm liking where it is heading, but I want to work on it a bit more before I release it. So I thought I'd post this one, which is very much on my heart lately.

The Seasons of God
July 9, 2005 
God’s mercy is like the new day, 
It comes just when it should. 
God’s kindness is like a winter blizzard,
It covers our hearts with a blanket of purity. 
God’s love is like melting snow, 
It brings the promise of growth to us all.
God’s grace is like a fresh spring breeze, 
It carries the scent of Gods sweet perfume. 
God’s peace is like a summer day, 
It’s warm and tender, quieting our souls. 
God’s timing is like autumn leaves, 
It reminds us that even in death beauty prevails. 
God’s presence is like new rays of the sun, 
It fills our hearts with light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment