1 John 4:4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.


Monday, January 18, 2016

French Toast Sausage Muffins for breakfast

I made French Toast Sausage Muffins for breakfast. They are easy to make and good for portion control. 
To make 12 muffins you need:
 3 slices of bread (or flax bread) 
half a pound of breakfast sausage (or meatless sausage; morning star is best), 
3-4 eggs, 
1 tsp. suger, 
1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan, 
1/4 cup or less maple syrup.
 
I heat oven to 400 and fully cook the sausage.
 
  I put the eggs, cinnamon and sugar in a Mason jar w/lid then let my 8 year old shake, shake, shake. I cut 3 slices of bread into four pieces each. Spray muffin tin or use liner. Place one piece bread per muffin hole. Pour egg mixture evenly into each hole.


 Then I evenly add sausage and top with cheese. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from tin and let cool. The kids add a drizzle of maple syrup but it doesn't need it. With or without is really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment